- Account Registration.
(a) Where we know that a user is under 13 years old, we will: (i) ask for a parent or guardian email address before we collect personal data from the child, or (ii) not allow access to those sections or features of the application directed to a general interest audience (those age 13 and over).
(b) During the Account registration process, we will ask the child to provide certain personal data, including: (i) a parent or guardian’s email address, (ii) the child’s name (only in the case of parent moderation), (iii) the child’s member or account username, and password, and (iv) the child’s birthdate to validate age.
(c) Consistent with the requirements of COPPA, in any instance where we ask for age and determine the user is under the age of 13, we will ask for a parent or guardian email address before we collect any personal information from the child. If you believe your child is participating in an activity that collects personal information and you or another parent/guardian have NOT received an email providing notice or seeking your consent, please feel free to contact us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below. We will not use parent emails provided for parental consent purposes to market to the parent, unless the parent has expressly opted-in to email marketing or has separately participated in an activity that allows for such email contact.
(d) We will not require a child to provide more data than is reasonably necessary to use the Services. If a child chooses not to share certain personal data (such as a parent or guardian’s email for purposes of gathering consent) with us, we may limit their access to Account creation and certain features of the Services.
- Parent/Guardian Consent. Through our Account registration process, we collect information from parents and legal guardians who choose to register their child for the Services. Before allowing children to use certain features and functionality that collect personal data from them, we seek further parental or guardian consent: (a) by asking for a credit card or other payment method for verification, or (b) by requiring a signed consent form to be submitted to us.
- Reviewing Information. To review any information about your child, please contact the program director or the department offering the program. If you do not want us or a specific program to release any information about you or your child or if you wish to have your information or that of your child removed from our database, you must notify us in writing of your request. If you are unable to contact the office or program staff, contact us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below.
- Revoking Consent and Deleting Information. At any time, a parent or guardian may revoke consent and direct us to delete your child’s information from our online data storage. If you revoke your consent, your child may not be able to participate in an event; please check with the event manager or program director for more information. If you ask us to delete your child’s information, we will not use it for any purpose except where required by applicable laws or regulations. To revoke consent, contact us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below.
- Information We Collect. We may collect the types of information from children as described in the “Information We Collect and Receive” section of our general.
- How We Use the Information. Information collected from children will be used in the same ways described in the “How We Use Your Information” section of our general.
- How We Share the Information. Information collected from children will be disclosed in the same ways described in the “How We Share and Disclose Information” section of our general
Experience the Future
By preparing students for their future careers in high school, we can empower students to be more effective in their roles. Additionally, companies can thrive knowing they have well-rounded employees to enhance innovation for the next generation.